How to set-up Tuition Assistance (TA) Benefits at Southern Arkansas University
- Speak with your ESO or Education Counselor within your military service prior to enrolling at Southern Arkansas University. Service branch tuition assistance information can be found below.
- Apply for admission to Southern Arkansas University. SAU will provide you with an acknowledgement that will include any additional materials required. Additional materials could include immunization records, official transcripts, and placement scores.
- Recommended: Complete the FAFSA for the term you plan to enroll and refer to the SAU Financial Aid page for additional information on other types of student aid.
- SAU must receive official transcripts from all previous colleges you have attended. Transcripts must be received by:
- Fall – July 1
- Spring – December 1
- Summer I – April 1
- Summer II – May 1
- Once all transcripts are received, please request a transfer evaluation and/or degree verification through the Office of the Registrar. They will coordinate the transfer evaluation with the academic colleges, advisors, and student accounts. Please see the section on additional requirements for obtaining credentials for additional information about your degree program.
- When the transfer evaluation is completed, you will receive a degree plan for your program. It includes the courses, codes, and cost breakdown required to complete your TA Application with your branch of service.
- Upload the degree plan to your military branch portal or submit it to your local Base Education Office for approval.
- When your TA Application has been approved and you receive the TA Authorization you must send a copy via email to email@example.com.
- SAU will review the TA Authorization document to confirm the approved courses on it match the courses in the first term of the degree plan you were provided.
- The expected TA amount will be applied as a pending credit, reducing the up-front amount of tuition for which you are responsible.
Information for Service Members regarding Additional Requirements for Obtaining Credentials
The following degrees may require one or more additional requirements to be able to obtain the credential (degree) or a credential in the field. For additional information, please contact the program or an academic advisor.
|College||Level||Programs||Admission Criteria for Program||GPA/Grade Requirement||Exit or Credentialing Exam||Additional Degree, coursework, or Credential Required||Field Work*|
|COE||Graduate||Master of Science in Clinical and Mental Health Counseling||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Masters of Arts in Teaching||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Master of Education in School Counseling K-12||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Master of Education in College Counseling and Student Affairs||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Master of Education in Special Education||X||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Master of Education in Educational Administration and Supervision||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Principal Licensure Program Certificate||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Curriculum/Program Administrator Licensure Certificate||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Superintendent Licensure Program Certificate||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Master of Science in Kinesiology- Coaching||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Master of Education in Library Media and Information Specialist P-12||X||X||X|
|COE||Graduate||Library Media and Information Specialist P-12 Certificate||X||X||X|
|COE||Undergraduate||Elementary Education K-6||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Undergraduate||Elementary Education K-6 STEM||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Undergraduate||Middle School Education||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Undergraduate||Middle School Education STEM||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Undergraduate||K-12 Physical Education and Health||X||X||X||X|
|COE||Undergraduate||Sport Management: Athletic Administration Option||X|
|COE||Undergraduate||Sport Management: Coaching Option||X|
|COE||Undergraduate||Sport Management: Sports Information Option||X|
|CSE||Undergraduate||Biology: Plan II-Professional 3+2 Program||X|
|CSE||Undergraduate||Biology: Wildlife Biology & Conservation||X|
|CSE||Undergraduate||Chemistry: Medical Laboratory Science Option||X|
|CSE||Undergraduate||Chemistry: Plan II-Professional 3+2 Program||X|
|CSE||Undergraduate||Engineering-Physics: Welding Engineering Technology||X|
|LPA||Undergraduate||History – Social Studies Education||X||X||X||X|
|LPA||Undergraduate||Modern Languages: English Education||X||X||X||X|
|LPA||Undergraduate||Modern Languages: Spanish Education||X||X||X||X|
|LPA||Undergraduate||Performing Arts: Music Education||X||X||X||X|
|LPA||Undergraduate||Performing Arts: Music Performance||X||X||X||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: Entrepreneurial Finance||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: Financial Analysis||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: Financial Planning||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: General Business||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: Entrepreneurship||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: Information Systems||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: International Business||X||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: Management||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: Marketing Media Option||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: Marketing Retailing Option||X|
|RCB||Undergraduate||Business Administration: Marketing Sales Option||X|
*Examples of field work include student teaching, practicums, internships, clinical practice experiences, or study abroad requirements.