- First priority for use of the trap shooting facility is the SAU, Magnolia, and Columbia Christian School Trap Teams for events and practices.
- The facility, site, or landscape may not be altered or damaged in any way. Any group or organization renting or using University facilities is responsible for any damages that occurred as a result of the activity.
- Signs or other objects may be placed at approved locations by the SAU representative on site.
- Animals are restricted from the premises with the exception of trained service animals.
- ACT 734, the Arkansas Clean Air On-Campus Act of 2009 bans smoking on all public campuses of institutions of higher education effective August 1, 2010. This includes outdoor spaces.
- SAU complies with Arkansas laws concerning guns on campus. Please refer to the SAU Police Department website for further information, https://web.saumag.edu/police/.
- Public use:
Cost for general public recreation will be posted on the range landing page on SAU’s website: web.saumag.edu/trapshooting. Times for general public recreation and other sanctioned events will be posted to the official range Facebook page: FBT Trap Shooting Range at SAU. Appointments will not be necessary to participate in general public recreation, but scheduled general public recreation times may be altered based on range need for altered scheduled events. General public usage fees will be based on rounds to be shot.
Organizations wishing to host tournaments and sanctioned events, such as AYSSP and ATA, must complete the Trap Shooting Facility Reservation form. Method of payment for rounds must be approved in advance by the SAU Trap Shooting Range Manager. This permits payment in advance for a specific number of rounds or collection on site by an SAU cashier.
All public events must follow ATA rules, available at https://shootata.com/, including the presence of a safety officer and other personnel as established by the rules and size of the competition. All youth competitions must follow the Arkansas Youth Shooting Sports Program Handbook.
- Usage fees will be determined by the type of event and the level of individual participation. Standard per-round fees will be posted to the previously mentioned web-based platforms.
- Special events that have the potential for injury are required to have liability insurance.
- All activities must conform to SAU policy. In addition, the activities must comply with city, state, and federal law.
- Failure to follow policies and procedures governing the use of University facilities may result in denial of future usage.
- SAU Alcohol Policy does not permit possession or use of alcohol on the SAU Laney Farm, including the trap shooting range.
The range is available to organizations to host AYSSP, ATA, and corporate shooting events. The range is available to the general public for use at designated times under the supervision of authorized SAU agents. To request facility use to host an event, complete the Facility Request form. All events must comply with university facility use policies. To keep up with dates the range is open to the general public, follow the range page on Facebook, FBT Trap Shooting Range at SAU.
Requests for use will put a hold on the range calendar. A hold does not constitute approval. Please allow a minimum of 2 business days to receive written notification of approval. Requestors should not begin publicizing an event until approval has been received.
For team practices, please reserve only the number of fields that will be necessary to conduct practice. This will allow multiple teams the opportunity to practice simultaneously.
Usage fees and costs per round are determined by event type.
Cost per round (25 clays): $5.00
(effective 02/01/22 and subject to change without notice)
A cashier will be on-site during open practice sessions and events at the range.
Fees due payable to SAU following an event should be remitted to Southern Arkansas University Trap Shooting Team, 100 East University, MSC 9392, Magnolia, Arkansas, 71753, within 14 days following an event.
The range is available to area teams to host AYSSP tournaments. Fees are due payable to and collected by the tournament organizer. The tournament organizer is responsible for remittance to SAU. Please see Hosting an AYSSP Tournament for additional information.
Hosting an AYSSP Tournament
SAU welcomes area trap shooting teams to host AYSSP events at the range! SAU has developed a quality facility for recreational use in the region. AYSSP events must operate under the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Arkansas Youth Shooting Sports Program safety guidelines. For more information, visit https://www.agfc.com/en/education/first-steps-outdoors/ayssp/.
AYSSP event hosts should include a simple report/event log containing the number of squads/individuals who participated in the event with the remittance when payment is rendered to SAU following an event.
Visitors are permitted to bring food and drinks to the range. Please provide this information to attendees prior to an event.
Seating areas and picnic tables are on site, but guests may choose to bring lawn chairs.
The Robert Allen Loe Clubhouse concession stand is available to AYSSP event organizers during events to allow host teams to generate additional revenue for their teams. When reserving the range for an event, host teams should indicate plans to operate the concession stand.
Host teams responsibilities to use the concession stand:
- Create signs for the concession stand
- include the team name
- include the items available*
- include item prices*
*Items available for sale and item pricing is at the sole discretion of the host team, with the exception of beverages. SAU is under contract with Pepsi Co., and as such, only Pepsi products may be sold on SAU property.
- Remove all items from the concession stand and clean the stand following the event.
- Take out the trash.
Host team responsibilities to maintain facilities during an event:
Trash detail. Host teams are responsible for keeping trashcans emptied and the grounds clean of debris during an event. Trash should be placed in the trash bins on site. Extra trash bags will be placed in the bottom of trashcans prior to events. Additional trash bags are available in the concession stand.
Restroom detail. Host teams are responsible to maintain the restrooms during events. Restrooms will be cleaned and fully stocked prior to an event. Host teams should appoint volunteers to maintain moderately clean restrooms during events. Keys to restroom dispensers are available in the concession stand, and extra supplies will be placed in the concession stand prior to an event.
Hosting an ATA event
The SAU Trap Shooting Team hosts ATA events, including Big 50 shoots, on a routine basis.
A cashier will be on site during SAU scheduled ATA events, and a concession stand will be operated by the SAU Trap Shooting Team.
The range is also available to external organizations with ATA credentials to host ATA events. ATA events must comply with ATA guidelines and meet SAU facilities usage policies. Interested organizations should complete the facilities request to obtain more information about hosting an ATA event.
Group and Corporate Events
Are you interested in hosting a group or corporate event at the Farmers Bank and Trust Trap Shooting Range and Robert Allen Loe Clubhouse? The facility is available to groups and corporations for team building activities, client relations events, and more. To learn more about hosting a unique event at the range, email SAUTrapTeam@saumag.edu.