Students will have a day full of activities at BAM designed to better prepare them for their college experience at SAU. The college experience is a time of growth and change for students and families. This is why SAU offers a special track just for parents of entering freshmen. The parent track will provide you with tips on how to guide your student towards success.
The BAM parent track will…
- help you with your transition to becoming a college parent.
- provide you with the resources necessary to help your student achieve success and graduate.
- assist you with strategies for letting go when your leaves for college.
- discuss expectations in your new role as a college parent.
- introduce you to many faculty, advisors, staff and support personnel who will help your son or daughter at SAU.
- allow you to meet current SAU students and learn from their college experiences on the SAU campus.
- give you the opportunity to meet individually with financial aid counselors.
- provide the option for a campus and/or residence hall tour(s).
- host you as SAU’s guests at lunch in the Mulerider Cafeteria.
Your day will begin at registration and will continue until approximately 3:30 p.m. Parent Orientation includes concurrent sessions and representatives from the following areas:
- Academic Advising
- Campus Safety
- University Health Services
- Student Life/Student Panel
- Billing and Financial Aid
Note: You and your students will be in together for the opening session. You will then break into separate student and parent tracks for the concurrent sessions. You will be back together with your student for the financial aid session. Also, you will be able to enjoy lunch together with your student. At the end of the day, you will meet back up with your student for the closing questions and answer session and optional tours.