As one of the state’s fastest growing universities, Southern Arkansas University is leading the way to improve health outcomes for residents in the Ark-La-Tex region and beyond. The SAU Health Sciences Simulation Center (SAU-HSSC) utilizes the most innovative teaching strategies and technological tools available to offer an exceptionally unique, active learning experience. SAU Department of Nursing incorporates simulation in the BSN program curriculum as an interactive teaching strategy to bridge theoretical concepts with evidence-based standards of professional nursing practice.
The SAU-HSSC can facilitate an individual or group simulation experience, a hands-on workshop, a professional development course, or a competency training for local and regional healthcare professionals. We embrace collaboration with healthcare facilities to support all healthcare professionals in maintaining strong clinical decision-making skills along with the development of intra-professional healthcare collaboration.
It is the SAU-HSSC’s mission to be the forefront of patient care in a continuously evolving healthcare environment by providing a safe environment for learners to apply knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Promote learning in a safe, controlled environment utilizing state-of-the-art technology.
- Serve as the resource leader for healthcare simulation in the region.
- Integrate innovative, evidence-based clinical simulation experiences to support life-long learning for healthcare professionals.
- Cultivate collaborative academic and community relationships to advance and sustain health science education.
- Foster simulation research to improve healthcare education.
The SAU-HSSC is excited to announce it is now offering Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification. Click here to request more information about scheduling your group.