|?||Depends on demand|
|SCM 6063 KG||O||O||O||O||O||O|
|SCM/SE 6013 DW||O||O||O|
|SCM 6023 DW||O1||O||O||O||O||O|
|SCM 6033 DW||O||O||O|
|SCM/SE 6143 KG||O||O||O|
|SCM 6053 KG||O||O|
|MGMT 6xx3 Dev||O||O||O||O||O|
|MGMT 6xx3 AP||O||O||O||O||O|
MBA with Social Entrepreneurship Emphasis Program Requirements (36 hours)
|ACCT||6003||Accounting for Decision Making|
|MGMT||6003||Strategic Planning and Analysis|
|MGMT||6013||Human Behavior in Organizations|
|MGMT/SE||6033||Creativity, Innovation, & Entrepreneurship|
|SCM||6003||Enterprise Resource Planning|
|Select nine hours from the following (one course must be taught by MPA faculty member):
|ECON/ SE||6043||Environmental Economics|
|MGMT/ SE||6033||Creativity, Innovation, & Entrepreneurship|
|MGMT/ SE||6053||International Business|
|PA/ SE||6093||Community Development|
|PA/ SE||6243||Community Organizing|
|PA/ SE||6133||Non-Profit Fundraising|
|PA/ SE||6253||Social Activism|
|PA/ SE||6113||Professional Projects|
|SCM/ SE||6013||Project Management|
|SCM/ SE||6043||Sustainable SCM Practices|
|SCM||6073||Special Topics in Supply Chain Management|
A student may be admitted into the MBA program if he/she holds a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university regardless of the undergraduate field of study. Should a student have an undergraduate degree other than business, prerequisites would include:
- Six hours of principles of accounting (sophomore level or above),
- Three hours of business finance or financial management (junior level or above),
- Three hours of statistics (at the junior level or above),
- Three hours of principles of marketing (at the junior level or above),
- Three hours of micro- economics (sophomore level or above), and
- Three hours of organization theory and behavior or principles of management (junior level or above).
|Completion Time:||2 years *|
|Delivery:||Hybrid, On-Campus, Online|
* Based on 2 classes per semester including summer
The MBA is offered by the Rankin College of Business at SAU and is fully accredited by AACSB, International, the premier accrediting body for colleges and schools of business. Fewer than 5% of all business programs worldwide are accredited by AACSB, which indicates the quality of our program.
Social Entrepreneurship is defined as “the process of pursuing business-led solutions to achieve social aims, and the reinvestment of surplus for community benefit.” Social Entrepreneurship strategies began to emerge about the time of the new millennium. Many business organizations have adopted some form of social responsibility strategy since that time. It is the goal of the MBA/SE emphasis to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge necessary to support innovative efforts to successfully implement social entrepreneurship strategies. Students will be exposed to new knowledge in the following areas: creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship, international business, sustainable supply chain practices, and project management with additional options in community development, community organizing, non-profit fundraising, and social activism.
Social Entrepreneurship is limited only by the ability to see a need and the creativity to respond.
Students today want to make a difference in the world around them. An emphasis in Social Entrepreneurship (either MBA or MPA) is a 36-hour program that will prepare graduates to be entrepreneurial in ways that help solve societal problems.
The MBA-SE emphasis may be for you if
- You are interested in utilizing your business acumen to pursue for-profit solutions that assists a need you see around you.
- For example, a pizzeria wants to feed the homeless, so they offer customers an opportunity to purchase a slice of pizza for a homeless person while they enjoy their own.
The MBA curriculum is designed primarily for graduates of a Bachelor of Business Administration program, but graduates of other programs can enter the program by completing a 24-hour prerequisite program.
SAU’s MBA with a Social Entrepreneurship emphasis is a 36-hour program that is available completely online. Students will take 24 hours of MBA core courses and 12 hours of Social Entrepreneurship courses. SAU is fully accredited by AACSB International.
- MBA students will be effective communicators, using information technology to enhance decision making through better communication.
- MBA students are prepared to be socially responsible, effective business leaders with an awareness of cultural and diversity issues and the ability to make ethical decisions.
- MBA students will be critical thinkers who are able to use concepts from strategic management to integrate relevant information, decision-making techniques, and concepts from multiple business disciplines to make decisions in new or unfamiliar circumstances.
- MBA students can effectively and legally access and use information to prepare an effective written report that supports decision making.
- MBA students will be competent in the business discipline.
chief, technology, officer, cto, computer, consultant, information, systems, manager, financial, health, technology, director, investment, banker