2018-19 Mary Anna King Whitehead
Support Staff Excellence Awards
The Southern Arkansas University Support Staff Excellence Awards are intended to recognize the support staff members who have achieved an outstanding level of professionalism in the performance of their assignment. Each nominee must be a full-time support staff member who is at least in the second year of full-time employment at SAU-Magnolia (employed before January 1, 2018). If you wish to nominate a support staff member for this award, please submit a signed letter or a nomination form in which you emphasize how the person you are nominating has demonstrated the following traits as well as other traits you may wish to describe:
- he/she is recognized as an effective staff member by students, colleagues and supervisors and demonstrates excellent work habits;
- displays a positive attitude and genuine interest in the people with whom he/she works as well as the “customers”; is fair and cheerful;
- demonstrates initiative as well as innovative, imaginative, and independent thinking to reach workable solutions to problems;
- develops procedures, resources, and utilizes good time management to improve the effectiveness of the department and overall operation of the University;
- deals tactfully with others and handles situations without raising antagonism or hostility.
The names of the support staff members eligible for this award appear at the bottom of this announcement. Each award carries with it a prize of $500. Previous award winners are not eligible for consideration for five years.
All nominations must be received by Friday, March 1, 2019.