The Staff Diversity Excellence Award recognizes a staff member who exemplifies SAU’s valuing people and diversity goals. This award also recognizes a staff member who has achieved an outstanding level of professionalism in the area of diversity and inclusion. Each nominee must be a full-time or part-time staff member* who is at least in the second year of full-time employment at SAU-Magnolia (employed before January 1, 2021). You may use the online nomination form or submit the nomination to the Office of Human Resources. To assist you with your nomination, you may wish to emphasize how the person you are nominating has demonstrated the following traits as well as other traits you may wish to describe how:
- The nominee demonstrates sensitivity to the different needs of a diverse environment.
- The nominee actively supports cultural diversity though involvement with diverse individuals and groups.
- The nominee takes action to promote meaningful interaction among diverse groups that promotes an improved campus climate.
- The activities or projects of the nominee address key areas of the campus, such recruitment, retention, campus or unit climate, student success, and success achieving SAU valuing people and diversity goals.
- The nominee implements activities or ideas successfully.
- The outcome of the nominee’s activities and projects promote cultural competence through understanding and constructive change on diversity issues.
- The nominee influences success of students, faculty, and staff in valuing people.
*All full time staff are eligible. Each award carries with it a prize of $500. The award will be presented at the Staff Breakfast.
The nominations should be submitted online or to the Office of Human Resources by Friday, March 18, 2022.