SAU ASTA Chapter
SAU’s Arkansas State Teachers Association (SAU ASTA Chapter) is a collegial branch representing the state level Arkansas State Teachers Association (ASTA) organization.
SAU ASTA Chapter objectives are to:
- Promote interest and encourage membership in ASTA and SAU’s ASTA chapter.
- Cooperate in an effective way to give greater unity of action among pre-service teachers at the university level.
- Provide means for growth in service and professional development beyond the classroom through other professional opportunities, i.e. research, conferences, workshops, field experiences.
- Promote the education welfare of students in our schools, thereby improving present and future education systems and our communities.
- Promote improvements in the school system and educational community.
- Promote and develop an effective culture of professionalism among pre-service teachers.
- Provide excellent and equitable educational opportunities for all students.
- Promote and urge every member of the profession to be a progressive student of education.
- Promote education as a highly sought after career.
Kappa Delta Pi
The mission of KAPPA DELTA PI is to sustain an honored community of diverse educators by promoting excellence and advancing scholarship, leadership, and service.
The vision of KAPPA DELTA PI is to help committed educators be leaders in improving education for global citizenship.