SAU ASTA Chapter
SAU’s Arkansas State Teachers Association (SAU ASTA Chapter) is a collegial branch representing the state level Arkansas State Teachers Association (ASTA) organization.
SAU ASTA Chapter objectives are to:
- Promote interest and encourage membership in ASTA and SAU’s ASTA chapter.
- Cooperate in an effective way to give greater unity of action among pre-service teachers at the university level.
- Provide means for growth in service and professional development beyond the classroom through other professional opportunities, i.e. research, conferences, workshops, field experiences.
- Promote the education welfare of students in our schools, thereby improving present and future education systems and our communities.
- Promote improvements in the school system and educational community.
- Promote and develop an effective culture of professionalism among pre-service teachers.
- Provide excellent and equitable educational opportunities for all students.
- Promote and urge every member of the profession to be a progressive student of education.
- Promote education as a highly sought after career.
Kappa Delta Pi
The mission of KAPPA DELTA PI is to sustain an honored community of diverse educators by promoting excellence and advancing scholarship, leadership, and service.
The vision of KAPPA DELTA PI is to help committed educators be leaders in improving education for global citizenship.
SAU Teacher Education Club
The SAU Teacher Education Club is the official university affiliate for Educators Rising, a national organization for aspiring teachers and mentors. This program aims to support undergraduate students as they pursue their path to classrooms of their very own. In this organization, members will get hands-on experience in the classroom with students, participate in various activities across campus, and meet fellow education students and staff members. Members will have access to resources and support outside of their academic studies designed to help them learn and think about the most pressing issues facing educators today.