- Dr. Karen Landry named new chair of Dept. of Nursing at Southern Arkansas University
Dr. Karen Landry of Texarkana, Texas, has been named chair of the Department of Nursing at Southern Arkansas University.
In making the announcement Wednesday, Dr. David Lanoue, provost and vice president for academic affairs, said, “We are delighted that Dr. Landry has chosen to come to SAU. She has a wealth of experience as a successful nursing educator, and a clear passion for training the next generation of nurses in southern Arkansas. She is energetic, positive and very student-centered. She will be a great leader for our nursing department.”
Landry is a native of Louisiana. She received both her BS and MS in Nursing from Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, Louisiana, and her PhD in Nursing from Texas Woman’s University in Denton, Texas. She presently serves as department chair and director of nursing at Texas A&M University-Texarkana, Texas, where she is accountable for the planning, implementation and evaluation of the professional education program. She also assists the college dean in designated college initiatives. (more…)
- SAU will purchase 24-apartment complex to meet enrollment growth
- Chance encounter leads to successful banking career for new People’s Bank president
- New Field Experiences course at SAU gives students chance to travel, forge friendships
- Commitment from First Financial Bank will help SAU realize plans to restore poultry studies