Upward Bound is a federally funded program for low income and/or first generation college-bound high school students who could benefit from academic support and may need increased motivation to realize their potential. There are over 600 Upward Bound programs across the nation. Our program, sponsored by Southern Arkansas University, is designed to generate the academic skills and motivation that will enable each participant to complete a secondary educational program, subsequently gain admission ... Read More
An individual is eligible to participate in the program if he/she meets the following criteria:
- Is a low-income individual or
- Is a potential first generation college student or
- Is physically handicapped and
- Has demonstrated a potential for post-secondary training
- Has a need for academic support in order to successfully pursue post-secondary training.
- Has completed the eighth grade but has not entered the tenth grade and is a least 14 years old but no older than 17.
No person shall be denied admission to the program on basis of race, color, sex, handicap, or national origin.
Southern Arkansas University’s two Upward Bound programs were recently given $4,000 by the Arkansas Lottery Commission and its two international vendors. These grants were a part of a statewide gift of $40,000 for all the […]