Southern Arkansas University completed construction on a new President’s Home early in 2019 just across from historic Overstreet Hall. In addition to serving as the primary residence for the president and family, the space is available for hosting a limited number of events throughout the year.
We are honored that you would like to host an event in the PH. All requests to reserve the PH should be submitted to the Office of the President a minimum of 60 (sixty) working days prior to the date of requested use. The PH is available for a limited number of events. The reserving party is responsible for planning the event in consultation with the President’s Office.
The following are guidelines for use of the SAU President’s Home (PH):
- The PH functions first as a residence.
- On a limited basis, the PH is used by the University to extend hospitality to the campus community and to other friends of the University.
- All expenses for events are the responsibility of the requester. There is no fee for use of the PH.
- The Office of the President will provide guidance regarding invitations, RSVPs, event décor (floral arrangements, etc.), menu selection/catering, and other event related decisions.
The PH is available to host a limited number of events monthly. Priority is given to functions directly related to the University. To check availability, please contact the Office of the President: email@example.com.
Members of the SAU community must request the use of the PH a minimum of sixty days (60) in advance of the event.
The requester should:
- Read these guidelines.
- Check availability of the space via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the PH Usage Request Form.
Please allow two working days for review of the PH Usage Request Form. You will be notified via email if the request is approved or denied. Upon approval, additional information and guidance in preparing for your event will be provided by the Office of the President.
Guest parking is available in the parking lot in front of the PH (the lot across from Overstreet Hall directly in front of the PH). Limited ADA-only parking is available in the PH driveway.
In the event Southern Arkansas University must close due to inclement weather on a scheduled event date, the event is automatically canceled and no use is permitted.
The Office of the President reserves the right to decline hosting any event that does not align with the University mission, goals, and policies.