The healthcare administration degree will focus on equipping students to work in roles that support and enable the healthcare delivery provided by practitioners like doctors and nurses.
Graduates will be prepared to lead people, teams, and departments in large and small healthcare facilities to effectively and efficiently run those organizations.
“SAU did a phenomenal job in giving me the tools I needed to take on a multitude of tasks.”
’20 SAU Alumni
Kile Pletcher, a 2018 graduate of SAU, put his degree in finance to work in a medical setting. In 2019, Pletcher went to work as a financial analyst at Baptist Health thanks to skills he learned as a business major.
AACSB International business and accounting accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review process.
Management, Marketing and Information Systems | Rankin College of Business
The healthcare industry is expanding rapidly, and there are many opportunities for students to use business expertise in the industry. The healthcare administration degree will focus on equipping students to work in roles that support and enable the healthcare delivery provided by practitioners like doctors and nurses. Graduates will be prepared to lead people, teams, and departments in large and small healthcare facilities to effectively and efficiently run those organizations.
In the first two years of a four-year business degree, students take a broad range of classes. Upper-level classes include advanced business courses that are taken by all business majors and major-specific courses that focus on healthcare.
- Exploring Opportunities in Healthcare
- Healthcare Informatics
- Challenges in Patient Care
- Human Resource Management in Healthcare
- Internship or Senior Capstone experience
Healthcare Administration Careers
The Rankin College of Business has a strong record of job placement for graduates in all fields. Job opportunities for students with this degree include administration positions in clinical settings, doctor offices, clinics, and long-term care facilities. Data positions exist as health care information managers and patient account support, and IT specialists. Operations positions would be in human resources, home healthcare administrator, and insurance underwriters.
- Student organizations like Phi Beta Lambda, ENACTUS, Emerging Entrepreneurs, and the Business Student Investment Advisory Council provide opportunities for fun, leadership development, and networking.
- Guest lectures and workshops conducted by business professionals and recognized speakers are hosted by the Rankin College of Business each year.
- Student travel, both within and outside the region and the US, are available. Recent trips included tours of financial institutions in New York and Chicago, advertising agencies in Dallas and Chicago, Arkansas businesses like Walmart, Tyson, ArcBest, Farm Bureau, and J.B. Hunt, and international destinations such as Costa Rica and Greece.
- The Arkansas Small Business Development and Technology Center located on the first floor of the Blanchard Hall offers seminars and other resources that are free to students and houses the Entrepreneurship Center.
The Rankin College of Business is AACSB accredited. All upper-level professors are required to hold doctorates or to have significant professional experience in the areas in which they teach. Several faculty have led study abroad learning experiences with students including trips to Mexico, Costa Rica, and Greece.
- Graduates from the College of Business can communicate effectively.
- Our graduates are prepared to be socially responsible citizens.
- Our graduates can think critically, solve problems, and make informed decisions.
- Our graduates can use technology effectively in their fields.
- Our graduates have content knowledge in their chosen fields and the necessary skills to be successful.
Southern Arkansas University offers personalized tour visits, faculty and staff who care about student success, and a caring campus community. SAU also offers traditional and unique academic degree programs that are ranked nationally for quality and affordability.
Nestled in a quiet and beautiful part of south Arkansas, SAU is a great place to call home and to study a broad range of academic programs, including some unique offerings to the state and region. Along with boasting a complete college experience on campus, the University is a short drive from outdoor activities and is central to many regional hubs, such as Texarkana, Shreveport, Little Rock, etc.
Established in 1909, SAU has built on its dedication to student achievement and continues to grow, both on campus and online, with more than 80 degrees in four distinct colleges and the School of Graduate Studies.