- ECE 4003 Early Childhood Field Experience III
- ECE 4033/4000 Science for the Early Childhood Teacher/Lab
- ECE 4043 Language Arts in Early Childhood
- ECE 4053 Families, School and Communities
- ECE 4113 Early Childhood Assessment
- MATH 3053 Methods of Teaching Mathematics Pre K-4
University Requirement – 2 hours
GSTD 1002 Freshman Seminar
General Education – 35 hours
Professional Requirements – 33 hours
E ED 2003 Child Growth and Development
E ED 3213 Integrated Curriculum and Methods
E ED 3233 Classroom and Group Management
EDUC 2000 Educational Field Experience Level I Lab
EDUC 2003 Introduction to Education
EDUC 2023 K-12 Education Technology
EDUC 3013 Educational Psychology
HIST 4083 History of Arkansas
MATH 2053 Math for Teachers I
MATH 2063 Math for Teachers II
SPCH 1113 Introduction to Public Speaking
SPED 4073 Survey of Exceptional Individuals
Admission to the Teacher Education Program is required to enroll in the following
- 2019-2020 [pdf]
- 2018-2019 [pdf]
- 2016-2017 [pdf]
- 2015-2016 [pdf]
- 2014-2015 [pdf]
- 2013-2014 [pdf]
- 2012-2013 [pdf]
- 2011-12 [pdf]
- 2010-11 [pdf]
- 2009-10 [pdf]
Teacher Education / College of Education
The focus in elementary education leads to a single licensure certification in early childhood. The course work included in the Early Childhood Program presents core knowledge of the profession, combining pedagogical and theoretical content with observational assessment. Students demonstrate a basic understanding of the early childhood profession and child development, incorporating that knowledge and understanding in various clinical experiences. Evidence and implementation of developmentally appropriate practices are included in all areas of the students’ learning. The program emphasizes the uniqueness of each child, recognizing that children are best understood in the context of family, culture, society, and environment.
- Elementary Education Handbook
- COE Policy Handbook
- Undergraduate Student Teaching Handbook
- Field Experience I Handbook
- Field Experience II Handbook
- Our graduates demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively through various mediums.
- Our graduates demonstrate an understanding of the various cultures and backgrounds of students in the classroom.
- Our graduates can think critically, solve problems, and make informed decisions.
- Our graduates utilize instructional technology effectively.
- Our graduates display mastery of content knowledge, pedagogy, and professional skills.
Teach, Child, Kids, assistant, recreation, librarian, instruction, coordinator, special, preschool, human, resources, assistant, director, special, preschool, manager, tutor, teach, daycare, child, care