- ECE 4003 Early Childhood Field Experience III
- ECE 4033/4000 Science for the Early Childhood Teacher/Lab
- ECE 4043 Language Arts in Early Childhood
- ECE 4053 Families, School and Communities
- ECE 4113 Early Childhood Assessment
- MATH 3053 Methods of Teaching Mathematics Pre K-4
University Requirement – 2 hours
GSTD 1002 Freshman Seminar
General Education – 35 hours
Professional Requirements – 27 hours
E ED 2003 Child Growth and Development
E ED 3213 Integrated Curriculum and Methods
EDUC 2000 Educational Field Experience Level I Lab
EDUC 2003 Introduction to Education
EDUC 2023 K-12 Education Technology
HIST 4083 History of Arkansas
MATH 2053 Math for Teachers I
MATH 2063 Math for Teachers II
SPCH 1113 Introduction to Public Speaking
SPED 4073 Survey of Exceptional Individuals
Students are required to submit passing scores for the Pre-Professional Skills Test Praxis CORE in order to apply for admission to the Teacher Education Program by March 15. Admission to the Teacher Education Program is required to enroll in the following courses.
Elementary Education Focus – 44 hours
E ED 3073 Methods of Teaching Mathematics
E ED 3203 Emergent Literacy
E ED 3211 Emergent Literacy Lab
E ED 3223 Learning Theory
E ED 3233 Classroom and Group Management
E ED 3263 Teaching Reading
E ED 4023 Lower Grades Field Experience
E ED 4243 STEM for Elementary Teachers
E ED 4303 Upper Grades Field Experience
E ED 4323 Families, School and Communities
E ED 4333 Language Arts for Teachers
E ED 4343/4341 STEM Science for Teachers/Lab
E ED 4353 Social Studies in the Elementary School
EDUC 4043 Assessment, Evaluation, and Measurement
SPED 4043 Inclusive Education
Student Teaching** – 12 hours
E ED 4006 Student Teaching in the Elementary School I
E ED 4103 Student Teaching in the Elementary School II
EDUC 4003 Student Teaching Seminar
**Students must take all Praxis II exams by September 15 prior to student teaching during the spring semester and by March 15 prior to student teaching during the fall semester.
Students are required to submit passing scores for the Praxis CORE in order to apply for admission to the Teacher Education Program. Admission to the Teacher Education Program is required to enroll in elementary education focus courses.
- 2018-2019 [pdf]
- 2016-2017 [pdf]
- 2015-2016 [pdf]
- 2014-2015 [pdf]
- 2013-2014 [pdf]
- 2012-2013 [pdf]
- 2011-12 [pdf]
- 2010-11 [pdf]
- 2009-10 [pdf]
Teacher Education / College of Education
The focus in elementary education leads to a single licensure certification in early childhood. The course work included in the Early Childhood Program presents core knowledge of the profession, combining pedagogical and theoretical content with observational assessment. Students demonstrate a basic understanding of the early childhood profession and child development, incorporating that knowledge and understanding in various clinical experiences. Evidence and implementation of developmentally appropriate practices are included in all areas of the students’ learning. The program emphasizes the uniqueness of each child, recognizing that children are best understood in the context of family, culture, society, and environment.
- Elementary Education Handbook
- COE Policy Handbook
- Undergraduate Student Teaching Handbook
- Field Experience I Handbook
- Field Experience II Handbook
- Our graduates demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively through various mediums.
- Our graduates demonstrate an understanding of the various cultures and backgrounds of students in the classroom.
- Our graduates can think critically, solve problems, and make informed decisions.
- Our graduates utilize instructional technology effectively.
- Our graduates display mastery of content knowledge, pedagogy, and professional skills.
Teach, Child, Kids, assistant, recreation, librarian, instruction, coordinator, special, preschool, human, resources, assistant, director, special, preschool, manager, tutor, teach, daycare, child, care