Fall 2022 Protocol Updates
- Contact tracing is discontinued.
- Positive individuals should notify close contacts.
- Testing will not be provided on campus based on contact only.
- Positive home test results will be accepted as proof of positivity when reported.
- We will follow the current CDC and ADH isolation/quarantine recommendations.
- Faculty notification of positive student cases for the purpose of student absence verifications will continue to be provided by UHS when UHS is aware of a case.
Southern Arkansas University follows state, local, and national public health recommendations and guidance for communal and general populations.
Current SAU Cases
Masking is an individual choice, and members of our campus community who choose to wear masks are supported in doing so. Members of our campus community may request that guests to individual offices wear masks, and may post request signs outside an individual office space. Please be respectful and mindful of the safety of our colleagues.
Wearing a KN95 mask on campus is required
- when you believe you have been exposed to Covid and cannot quarantine.
- when you have been in isolation and return to campus for days 6-10.
- when you are asymptomatic positive and working on campus around others until 10 days have passed from the day you tested positive.
KN95 masks are provided only to those who meet one of these three conditions and are available in 5-count packages at the information desk in Overstreet Hall.
Symptomatic community members can test for free at University Health Services. Patients without symptoms will not be tested at UHS.
- order free home tests through government site – https://special.usps.com/testkits
- purchase tests at many retailers
- doctor’s offices & walk-in clinics