|Categories:||Certificate / Endorsement, Graduate|
|Completion Time:||1 year *|
* Based on 2 classes per semester including summer
- Admissions Requirements
- Plan of Study
- Course Description
- Arkansas Federation of the Council for Exceptional Children
- Candidates engage in scholarly research activities such as action research or program evaluation to solve authentic problems. Teachers seek advice of others and draw on education research and scholarship to improve their practice.
- Candidates model leadership and communication strategies that promote valuing diversity throughout the community. Teachers recognize individual differences in their students and adjust their practice accordingly.
- Candidates design and modify instruction and the learning environment based on assessment of student learning and behavior. Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- Candidates employ technologies including communications, productivity and presentation applications to enhance their collaborations. Teachers regularly assess student progress.
- Candidates design and modify instruction and the learning environment based on assessment of student learning and behavior. Teachers command specialized knowledge of how to convey a subject to students.
Graduate Certificate in Special Education Resource K-6, 7-12
12 semester hours required:
|SPED||5073||Survey of Exceptional Individuals|
|SPED||5123||Nature and Needs of Students with Mild Disabilities|
|SPED||5663||Educational Diagnosis and Assessment|