|Completion Time:||2 years *|
|Delivery:||Hybrid, On-Campus, Online|
* Based on 2 classes per semester including summer
The M.B.A. with Business Leadership Emphasis is offered by the Rankin College of Business at SAU and is fully accredited by AACSB International, the premier accrediting body for colleges and schools of business. Fewer than 5% of all business programs worldwide are accredited by AACSB, which indicates the quality of our program. The Business Leadership emphasis curriculum includes graduate-level courses in accounting, agriculture markets and prices, finance, marketing, organizational theory, business analytics, strategic management, and supply chain management.
Additionally, critical perspectives will be emphasized within the program. These include ethical, global, political, social, legal and regulatory, and environmental issues; technology; demographic diversity; and written and oral communication skills.
The M.B.A. curriculum is designed primarily for graduates of a Bachelor of Business Administration program, but graduates of other programs can enter the program by completing a 24-hour prerequisite program.
The M.B.A. Business Leadership program consists of 33 hours of course requirements. The program is available fully online. A student can complete courses fully online or through a combination of online and night classes. Qualified students may enter the program any semester during the 2-year rotation.
- MBA students will be effective communicators, using information technology to enhance decision-making through better communication.
- MBA students are prepared to be socially responsible, effective business leaders with an awareness of cultural and diversity issues and the ability to make ethical decisions.
- MBA students will be critical thinkers who are able to use concepts from strategic management to integrate relevant information, decision-making techniques, and concepts from multiple business disciplines to make decisions in new or unfamiliar circumstances.
- MBA students can effectively and legally access and use information to prepare an effectively written report that supports decision-making.
- MBA students will be competent in the business discipline.
chief, technology, officer, cto, computer, consultant, information, systems, manager, financial, health, technology, director, investment, banker
MBA with Business Leadership Emphasis Requirements (33 hours)
MBA with Business Leadership Emphasis Program Requirements (33 hours)
ACCT 6003 Accounting for Decision Making
ECON 6003 Managerial Economics
FIN 6003 Managerial Finance
MGMT 6003 Strategic Planning and Analysis
MGMT 6013 Human Behavior in Organizations
MGMT 6043 Business Analytics
MGMT 6083 Leadership Development
MGMT 6093 Leadership Project
MKTG 6023 Strategic Marketing
SCM 6003 Enterprise Resource Planning
Select three hours from the following:
MGMT 6033 Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
SCM 6013 Project Management
A student may be admitted into the MBA program if he/she holds a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university regardless of the undergraduate field of study. Should a student have an undergraduate degree other than business, prerequisites would include:
- Six hours of principles of accounting (sophomore level or above),
- Three hours of business finance or financial management (junior level or above),
- Three hours of statistics (at the junior level or above),
- Three hours of principles of marketing (at the junior level or above),
- Three hours of micro- economics (sophomore level or above), and
- Three hours of organization theory and behavior or principles of management (junior level or above).