|Completion Time:||2 years *|
|Cost Per Year:||In state: $5,478 / Out of State: $7,706|
|Complete Program Cost:||In state: $10,956 / Out of State: $15,411|
* Based on 2 classes per semester including summer
The Master of Science in Agriculture gives the graduate student advanced knowledge in the field of agricultural education, preparing the student to succeed in positions of leadership and management in secondary schools and extension education.
- Our graduates can communicate effectively. Effective communication embraces oral, visual, and language arts, including the ability to listen, speak, read, and write. It includes the effective use of various resources and technology for personal and professional communication.
- Our graduates are prepared to be personally and socially responsible citizens, having the ability to apply knowledge and skills that encourage responsible civic engagement for the advancement of society. This includes an understanding of their own and other cultures and societies and the ability to make informed and ethical decisions.
- Our graduates can think critically, solve problems, and make informed decisions. Critical thinking is the ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information and ideas from multiple perspectives. It includes the accurate use of terminology, information literacy, the application of scholarly and scientific methods, logical argument, and capability for analysis and problem solving.
- Our graduates can use technology effectively in their fields. Information literacy is the ability to determine the nature of required information, to access it effectively, and to evaluate it critically. It includes the responsible, legal, and ethical use of information.
- Our graduates have content knowledge in their chosen fields and the necessary skills to be successful. Content knowledge is discipline and degree specific.
farming, ag education, agri, farm, food, grow
Masters of Science in Agriculture (33 hours required for Degree)
|Required Core Classes – 18 hours|
|AGRI||6063||Advanced Leadership for Agricultural Professionals|
|AGRI||6083||Professional Development in Agriculture|
|AGRI||6123||Philosophy of Agricultural Education|
|AGRI||6153||Leadership of Volunteers|
|Select 15 hours from the following – 15 hours|
|AGRI||6143||Adult Education in Agriculture|
|AGRI||6163||Practical Experiences for Career Orientation Courses|
|AGRI||6173||Methods of Organizing and teaching Career Orientation|
|EDUC||6043||Current Issues and Trends in Education|
|EDUC||6063||Applications of Technology in Education|
|EDUC||6083||Application of Learning Theories|