Management, Marketing, and Information Systems / Rankin College of Business
SAU offers an optional 4+1 program for business majors that allows students to earn the BBA and MBA degrees simultaneously in five years. During the senior year, students can concurrently complete six graduate hours. By the end of the fourth year, students should complete 126 hours (120 undergraduate and 6 graduate hours). Students will then complete 24 graduate hours during the fifth year. Please see the PACT8 for the suggested course sequence. If a student decides to leave the BBA degree early or fails to maintain the required criteria for the 4+1 BBA/MBA program, the students will move to the BBA option.
Admission Deadline: July 1, before the senior year. Enrollment in fall semester. Transfer applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Admission Requirements: Minimum overall GPA of 3.25 and 3.50 GPA in business core courses at the time of application.
Graduation: 3.00 GPA required with no “C” grades in any graduate courses.
- Student organizations like Phi Beta Lambda, ENACTUS, Emerging Entrepreneurs, the Finance and Economics Society, and the Business Student Investment Advisory Council provide opportunities for fun, leadership, and networking
- Guest lectures and workshops conducted by business professionals and recognized speakers
- Student travel both within and outside the region and the US: Recent trips included tours of financial institutions in New York and Chicago, advertising agencies in Dallas and Chicago, and Arkansas businesses like Walmart, Tyson, and J.B. Hunt and international destinations such as Costa Rica.
- The Arkansas Small Business Development and Technology Center is located on the first floor of the business building. The center offers seminars and other resources that are free to students and houses the Entrepreneurship Center.
The Rankin College of Business is AACSB certified. All upper level professors are required to hold doctorates from AACSB certified universities or to have significant professional experience in the areas in which they teach.
- Graduates from the College of Business can communicate effectively.
- Our graduates are prepared to be socially responsible citizens.
- Our graduates can think critically, solve problems, and make informed decisions.
- Our graduates can use technology effectively in their fields.
- Our graduates have content knowledge in their chosen fields and the necessary skills to be successful.