The goal of the Veterans Resource Center at Southern Arkansas University is to assist veterans in the transition from military to college. The faculty and staff at SAU are here to provide the support you need as you pursue your academic goals.
The Veterans Resource Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Nelson building in room 206. It offers:
- a computer/study lab area for leisure or study
- helpful brochures with information to assist you in your journey into University life
- educational checklists to help assure you that you are where you need to be –when you need to be there
- information about the necessary offices around campus and what they can do for you
Information about employment, Financial Aid, Student Support Services, as well as other helpful departments across campus, for needs other than educational ones you might have, will also be available.
The Veterans Office is located in Nelson, room 208. Mr. Rick Lee will be in the VA Office offering his assistance as needed.
For basic information about the National Guard, visit www.nationalguard.com.
- Memoradum of Understanding - between the Arkansas Air National Guard and Southern Arkansas University
Services at SAU
Special services offered at Southern Arkansas University include:
- Student Veterans Association – Contact Vicki Butler at 870-235-5087 for more information.
- For more information about our Veterans Residential Interest Group (RIG) please contact University Housing at 870-235-4047.
Counseling and testing
- The Counseling and Testing Center offers personal, career, and academic counseling and educational programs. They are available free of charge to SAU students, and eager to see the students succeed. For more information about counseling and testing services, please contact the center at 870-235-4145, or by visiting the Counseling and testing website.
Veterans of military service, the dependents of veterans, U.S. reservists, and National Guard members may be entitled to educational benefits from the Veterans Administration. SAU is an approved institution in veterans and veteran’s beneficiary training. For further information, contact the Office of the Registrar, 101 Nelson Hall, or phone 870-235-5039.
For Basic information about the GI Bill and its benefits, you can visit The United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
The site offers information about:
- Health Care
- Education Benefits
- Information for Benefit Recipients
- And much more…
For information about student employment, please visit the Employment Resource Center website.