Southern Arkansas University has a tradition of faculty and staff who are passionate about student success and dedicated to doing their best to serve the University, day in and day out. Each year, SAU employees who exemplify these values are honored with a series of annual awards. We wish to congratulate our recent faculty and staff members, listed below, who made us proud during the 2012-13 academic year.
- 2013 Honor Professor - Steven Ochs, Professor of Art
- Faculty Research Award – Vikram Bhadauria, Assist. Prof. of Management Information Systems
- Auburn Smith Faculty Service Award – Dr. Alec Testa, Assist. Prof. of Counseling
- Robert Walz Faculty Teaching Award – Michael Britt, Instructor of Music and Assist. Dir. of SAU Bands
- Calvin Wetzig Faculty Teaching Award – Stephanie Seymour, Assist. Prof. of Nursing
- Mary Anna King Whitehead Professional Staff Excellence Award – Robert “Rock” Jones, Skilled Trades Supervisor (Painting)
- Mary Anna King Whitehead Support Staff Excellence Award – Richard “Neal” Richerson, Skilled Trades Worker (Mechanic)