Frequently Asked Questions

Who can be seen in the clinic?

All students, faculty, and staff are eligible for health services. Spouses of students, faculty, and staff are also available for our services.

Do I have to have my ID to be seen in the Clinic?

Yes. All students, faculty, and staff must bring their IDs to be seen. The only exception is if there is an emergency.

I am pregnant/breastfeeding, can I be treated at clinic?

No. Any woman who is pregnant or breastfeeding will need to see her primary care provider.

Do you bill my insurance?

No. The UHS is not set up to bill insurance. If you do have health insurance let the nurse know when you are seen.

Do you take Debit/Credit cards?

No. We strictly take cash and checks for our services. There is an ATM on campus for you to access cash.

If I miss class to come to the clinic, will you write me a note?

Please refer to our excuse note policy.

If I received my vaccinations at the clinic, how do I gain access to my records?

If you come to the clinic personally you will be given a copy, or you will need to fax the clinic a paper with the following information: Name, SS#, DOB, What you are requesting, where to send the information, and your signature.

I have a health hold on my account and cannot register, drop class, or get my grades.

If you do not have the money to pay for any services you have received and fail to come pay the clinic, a holds will be placed on your account until the debt is taken care of.

Do I need to make an appointment to be seen?

No. Patients are seen on a drop in basis when the clinic is open.

©2013 Southern Arkansas University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. All Rights Reserved.
100 E. University, Magnolia, Arkansas 71753-5000 Telephone: (870) 235-4000