The Division of Continuing Education at Southern Arkansas University provides a variety of affordable non-credit courses that educate, entertain, and enrich the diverse interests and needs of the community. Classes are offered in the fall, spring, and throughout the summer each year.
Fall and spring classes are designed to help individuals improve and enrich their personal and professional lives. Courses range in subject matter from computer basics and programs to diverse topics such as photography, water exercise, piano, etc. Most of the summer programs are designed for youth. These classes usually consist of swimming lessons, theatre, art, etc.
For more information about the services of the Division of Continuing Education or a particular class, call 870-235-4005.
Upcoming Schedule of Classes
How to Register
- Send name, address, and payment to: Southern Arkansas University, P.O. Box 9240, Magnolia, AR 71754-9240
- Walk-in Registration: Come by our office in the Business Building, Room 111.
- By telephone: Call (870) 235-4005
- Register online
- Payment may be made by cash, check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express.
- Remember, you have not reserved a place until the fee has been paid.
The Office Hours
- Regular Semester Hours: 8:00 a.m. – noon and 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Summer Hours: 7:00 a.m. – noon and 12:30 – 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
A full refund will be given to students only if our office has cancelled a class due to lack of enrollment or any other necessary reasons or if students cancel before the first class meeting. An 80 percent refund will be given only to those students who cancel before the second class. No refunds after the second class.
All vehicles parked on campus must have a validated parking permit. Parking permits can be purchased for $15 at the Business Office in Overstreet Hall.
When regular classes do not meet because of inclement weather, continuing education classes will not meet.
Want to Teach a Non-Credit Course?
Send your course proposal to SAU:
Attn: Continuing Education
P.O. Box 9240
Magnolia, AR 71754-9240