How do I arrange for a virtual meeting about my writing?
Set up an appointment using the link here (or via the tab on our homepage). Once you make the appointment, you’ll get an email with a link that sends you to an easy-to-fill-out form. This lets us know what you’re working on and what sort of feedback you need. It also allows you to send us the writing you’ve done–if any! Once we receive this information, we confirm your appointment.
At the beginning of the appointment time, we’ll send you a link to a Zoom meeting, where you’ll join one of our SAU writing consultants to discuss your writing.
What happens during a conference?
During a virtual conference (via Zoom), we will
- ask you questions about the writing assignment and about your goals for your writing;
- listen as you explain your needs, comments, and questions;
- read your paper, brainstorm with you about your ideas, and/or help you locate and use resources; and
- encourage you to take control of the conference and of your writing.
For an online submission, we will
- review your online submission form, including contact information, comments and concerns regarding your attached work, and any instructions for the assignment;
- read your paper, brainstorm with you about your ideas, and/or help you locate and use resources;
- read your work and respond using comments, questions, and our rubric; and
- return your work and our feedback via email within the time frame listed on the submission form.