The following student actions are prohibited. Students will be held accountable for any such actions and will be subject to student discipline procedures through the Office of Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Negligently degrading, intentionally degrading or attempting to degrade the performance of any University system or any system available through the Internet.
- Penetrating or attempting to penetrate the security of the University system or any system available through the Internet.
- Depriving or attempting to deprive other students of resources or access to computer resources.
- Using any computer system or network to send unsolicited, offensive, abusive, obscene or otherwise harassing communications.
- Using a computer account belonging to another individual without the explicit permission of that individual and the Director of Information Technology Services (students are responsible for all activity originating from their accounts as well as for their safeguard and use).
- Negligently, or intentionally and without authorization, accessing, altering, interfering with the operation of, damaging or destroying all or part of any computer, computer system, computer network, computer software, computer program or computer database.
- Failing to protect any password or other confidential information about a computer, computer system, computer network or computer databases.
- Inspecting, modifying or copying programs, data, or electronic mail without authorization.
- Placing any information in the University’s computer system(s), computer network, or any system available through the Internet, which is not in keeping with the educational purposes of the University, such purposes being determined solely by the University.
- Specifying false or misleading information when being investigated for computer misuse under this policy.