Dr. Abdel Bachri
Professor of Physics / Dean of The College of Science and Engineering
Building/Office: Engineering (ENG) 104 Slot Number: 54
Dr. Abdel Bachri completed a B.S and an M.S. from the University of Hassan II, Casablanca, Morocco, where he majored in Physics. He also received a Master’s Degree in High Energy Physics from the International Center of Theoretical Physics, in Trieste, Italy, and a Ph.D. in Theoretical Particle Physics from Oklahoma State University in 2007. Dr. Bachri’s main research revolved around the study, via theoretical modeling, of matter-antimatter asymmetry in the universe and the mechanism of Baryogenesis. Dr. Bachri joined SAU in 2007; since then he has taken an in interest in experimental particle physics. He served as fellow scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, during which time he was involved with the effort to observe neutrinoless double beta decay using a high-pressure xenon time projection chamber. More recently, Dr. Bachri developed an interest in the field of radiation biology and has since been awarded an NIH-INBRE Research Development Grant for $265,000 to explore the effect of space radiation in a near-zero gravity environment on astronauts. Dr. Bachri currently serves as Professor of Physics and Dean of the College of Science and Engineering. Dr. Bachri’s favorite activity with students is probing Earth’s stratosphere via high altitude scientific ballooning. He has led students on a number of ballooning experiments funded by NASA and has flown several payloads.
- “Functional 2D MXene Inks for Wearable Electronics”
B. Zazoum, A. Bachri and J. Nayfeh, Materials 2021, 14 (21), 6603; https://doi.org/10.3390/ma14216603
- “Deep Neural Network for Dielectric Properties Prediction of PVDF/BaTiO3 Nanocomposites for Flexible Capacitors.”
Zazoum, B., & Bachri, A. Materials Science Forum, vol. 1023, Trans Tech Publications, Ltd., Mar. 2021, pp. 37–42.
- “Tuning the Surface Plasmon Resonance of Gold Dumbbell Nanorods”
Chapagain, Guisbiers, Kusper, Geoffrion, Benamara, Golden, Bachri, and Hewavitharana.
American Chemical Society Omega 2021, ACS Omega 2021, 6, 10, 6871–6880
- “Modeling of Mechanical Properties of Clay Reinforced Polymer Nanocomposites Using Deep Neural Network” Bouchaib Zazoum, Ennouri Triki, and Abdel Bachri. Advanced Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology Materials 2020, 13(19), 4266. https://doi.org/10.3390/ma13194266
- “High-pressure xenon time projection Titanium chamber: a methodology for detecting background radiation in neutrinoless double-beta decay experiments” A. Bachri et al 2017 Journal of Instrumentation JINST 12 T10004
- “The Vitamin E Analog Gamma-Tocotrienol (GT3) Suppresses Radiation-Induced Cytogenetic Damage”
Pathak, R., Bachri, A., Ghosh, S.P. et al. Pharmaceutical Research (2016) 33: 2117. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11095-016-1950-0