Examples of courses offered in the Master of Kinesiology – Coaching program include:
- Sport Administration
- Psychology of Athletic Coaching
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Workshop in Kinesiology
- Methods of Research in Kinesiology
- Legal Issues in Kinesiology
Specific Degree Requirements
|KINE 6323||Sport Administration|
|KINE 6813||Psychology of Athletic Coaching|
|KINE 6933||Methods of Research in Kinesiology|
|KINE 6943||Legal Issues in Kinesiology|
|KINE 6243||Advanced Exercise Physiology|
|KINE 6423||Instructional Strategies & Techniques in Coaching|
|KINE 6923||Statistical Methods|
|KINE 6363||Workshop in Kinesiology|
|KINE 6823||Scientific Analysis of Sport Skills and Motor Learning|
|KINE 6433||Sport Safety and Injury Prevention|
|KINE 6833||M.S. in Kinesiology- Coaching Capstone Portfolio|
Admission to the School of Graduate Studies does not imply admission to Online M.S. in Kinesiology – Coaching degree program. Students who are seeking entrance into this program must also meet all the requirements listed below prior to enrolling in graduate courses.
- Make contact with the Program Director, Mr. Steven D. Dingman, either by phone (870-235-4383) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete and return the application for acceptance into the Online M.S. in Kinesiology – Coaching Program packet which includes the following:
- Cover letter and resume including a minimum of three references
- “Acknowledgement of Program Requirements” form
- The Cooperating Agency / Mentor Approval Form
If required by the cooperating agency, you may be required to provide a copy of your Criminal History background check. You must complete one for acceptance to the program when required by the cooperating agency.
Procedure for Criminal History Check
- The ASP form 122, Individual Record check form, must be completed in its entirety.
- A check or money order in the amount of $25 made payable to the Arkansas State Police must be included for an AR record check. An additional check or money order for $19.25, made payable to the Arkansas State Police, must be included for the FBI (national) record check.
- The signature on the ASP form 122 or approved agency form must be notarized.
- Return form and fingerprint card to:
Arkansas State Police, Identification Bureau
#1 State Police Plaza Drive, Little Rock, AR 72209
To contact the Identification Bureau, you may call 501.618.8500.
The ASP form 122 and the fingerprint card are available by contacting the Program Director.
- Purchase a LiveText subscription
It is the responsibility of each student to read and understand the Student Handbook for the Online Master of Science in Kinesiology – Coaching Degree Program and the Portfolio Guide for the Online Master of Science in Kinesiology – Coaching Degree Program.
Criteria for Selection into Online M.S. in Kinesiology – Coaching Program
To ensure quality on-line instruction, the class size for each course is set at twenty students. In the event we receive more than twenty applicants to start each rotation the following criteria will be used to determine who will be selected;
1. Undergraduate degree area / GPA
2. GRE or MAT scores
3. Graduate Assistantship at SAU
4. Coaching experience
Only those applicants who have completed all admission requirements will be considered for selection into the program.
Sports, physical, exercise, occupational, therapist, management, strength, conditioning, physiologist, trainer, football, athletic director, coach, baseball, volleyball, golf, basketball, softball