- The winter 2013 edition of The SAU Stater is being delivered this week. The full-color, 32-page magazine includes a cover story, “Home Away From Home,” on the SAU international student population, along with six other features, campus news, Mulerider athletic news, Foundation and Alumni news.
- If you need support or encouragement with your 2013 New Year’s resolution to stay fit, sign up to participate in the SAU Fit Club Weight Loss or Fitness Challenges. Incentives include monthly prizes, t-shirts for those who weigh in at least nine times this semester, and a healthy new lifestyle! Sign up at the University Health Services Offices at REY 215 or in the MAC.
- Want to take your fitness a step further? The Exercise Science Students are offering FREE personal training for faculty and staff. Contact Marianne Woodard at MCWoodard@saumag.edu by 5 p.m. today!
- SAU’s Upward Bound program was recently selected as a recipient of an Afterschool Meals Program Mini-Grant for $1,000 from Share Our Strength and the Arkansas No Kid Hungry Campaign. Funds are to be used for outreach materials, transportation, and general operating costs.
- The Office of Student Life and University Police Department have relocated to Childs Hall. Their offices may be reached at: Student Life, 213 Childs Hall, (870)235-4041; University Police, 210 Childs Hall, (870) 235-4100.
- If you have not gotten your complimentary copy of the 2011-12 Mulerider Yearbook or the SAU 2013 Calendar, both are available to be picked up at the Communications Center, Nelson Hall 115.
CONSTRUCTION and PROJECT UPDATES
- Rodeo Arena: Phase 1 of the arena is complete. Phase II planning is underway and construction is scheduled to start in April and finish in December of this year.
- University Village II: First-floor framing is complete and curbing for the parking lots is underway. The new building should be completely “in the dry” by mid-April.
- Campus Sidewalks: The sidewalk project is approximately 75% complete. Still remaining are the walkways on the east side of the Business Building, Legacy Lane at the Welcome Center, and additional sidewalks on the north side of the Auburn Smith Field House at the football stadium.
- Agriculture Center: The new Agriculture Center was put into operation at the beginning of this semester. The dedication is scheduled for January 25 (more information in Upcoming Events below).
- Walking Trail Phase IV: This phase of the project is well underway, but has been delayed due to weather. Construction activity around the duck pond and by the intramural field should start soon.
- The Overstreet Hall third floor, east end renovations: The renovations are approximately 70% complete. Painting and wall finishes are ongoing, and ceilings and lights will be installed soon.
- Jana Walker’s twins (photo at right): Kason Cole Walker – 6 lbs 13 oz., 19″, born at 12:26 p.m. on 12/12/12 and Callyn Jade Walker – 6lbs 5oz., 19 1/4″, born at 12: 27 p.m. on 12/12/12.
- Sandra Hughes (formerly Smith) married Antonio Hughes on November 21, 2012.
- Dedication of the SAU Agriculture Center
- Noon – 12:30 p.m. – Dedication Ceremony in the Grand Hall of the Reynolds Center. Immediately following will be an Open House at the Agriculture Center.
- Subway sandwiches and refreshments will be available.
MISS AN EVENT?
SEE THE PHOTOS… Fall Commencement 2012 (60 photos)
The Mulerider Diary is a product of the SAU Communications Center.
It is produced to help keep faculty and staff at SAU informed about all of the exciting things taking place around campus.
If you have any suggestions or submissions, please e-mail them to email@example.com.