Decide which session you would like to apply for, and complete our online application. Please note that you will be asked to provide a non-refundable $50 ESL application fee (online) while submitting the application.
After submitting your application, please email the following documents to ESL@saumag.edu:
- Scanned copy of your passport (photo page only)
- Completed Affidavit of Support. It must be signed (by hand) by the student and student’s sponsor (if there is a sponsor), and scanned. The minimum amount for the first year of study must equal or exceed $15,000
- Scanned copy of a bank account statement or bank letter to support your affidavit (must not be older than 6 months). This document must be on a bank letterhead and include the account holder’s name, date, balance, and currency. If you are sponsored by your government, employer, or another organization, you are welcome to attach a scanned copy of your scholarship letter (financial guarantee) instead of a bank statement
- If you would like your acceptance documents to be shipped to your home country, you must complete our FedEx form, where you will be asked to provide your shipping information (including phone number and address) and pay a $50 FedEx fee (online).
- If you are a transfer student (i.e. you have already been accepted by another U.S. school and want to transfer to SAU), you must also attach copies of your current I-20, visa, and completed Transfer Form. Please note that the bottom part of the transfer form must be completed by your school.
- Important I: transfer students do not receive their SAU I-20’s until they transfer their SEVIS records to SAU. They can request to be transferred to SAU by presenting their SAU acceptance letter to their school. The SAU acceptance letter will be emailed to transfer students after they successfully complete the application process above.
- Important II: completion of the ESL program does not guarantee your admission to any academic program at SAU; it only helps you meet the English proficiency requirement for admission. Remember that you still must meet all the admission requirements for the academic program you are interested in after ESL (undergraduate or graduate). If you are a transfer student and are currently on academic suspension (dismissal), you may or may not be admitted to an academic program at SAU even after you complete ESL.
We will contact you within one week to let you know the status of your application. After submitting all your documents, please follow these guidelines:
- Before contacting us with a question, please study all the information on this website carefully, especially the FAQ page. In 90% of cases, you will find the answers to your questions on the website
- Please don’t send us multiple emails. Send us one email at a time and wait for our response
- Please don’t delete the email thread (trail) when you email us. Always keep all the succeeding replies from us starting with the original email (i.e. simply hit “reply” when you write us back)
- Please don’t email us from different email accounts. Please always use the same email account for all communication with us
- Although we always welcome your calls, it is best to contact us via email – we normally respond to all queries within 1-2 days