Those wishing to pursue an undergraduate program in the College of Education must be admitted to the College of Education in order to take core education classes. The following form must be filled out with an advisor in order to request admission once requirements have been met
College of Education Admissions Requirements for Undergraduates
- A GPA of a 3.0 or higher *
- Passing scores on a basic skills assessment not more than 6 years old at time of admission (ACT, SAT, Praxis CORE). See advisor for passing scores.
- Admission Disposition Review (if a candidate has 2 or more basic or below they must meet with the dispositions committee prior to admission for review)
- C or above in Intro to Education
- 30 hours completed
- Completed Gold form (see advisor for details)
*Conditional admission is possible in two areas: GPA or Basic Skills Test. You can only be considered for conditional admissions if you meet all other requirements. You must sign an acknowledgement of conditional admission and submit with completed gold form.
Conditional GPA: 2.7 – 2.99. After 1 semester your semester GPA must be above a 3.0. Proof of semester grades will remove the condition.
Conditional Test: You may have one outstanding test for one semester. Proof of passing outstanding test will remove the condition.