Southern Arkansas University does not offer correspondence courses; however, with prior approval, Southern Arkansas University will accept correspondence courses for credit. The Office of Counseling and Testing does administer correspondence tests from other college and universities.
There are restrictions for earning credit through correspondence courses. Refer to the current SAU catalog [doc] and seek guidance from your advisor and the Office of the Registrar.
- The student should first see his or her advisor to determine which correspondence course (s) will be approved for credit.
- The application must be approved by the appropriate parties. Applications may be picked up in the Office of Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Call (870) 235-4145 to make an appointment to take the test.
- At test time, report to the Donald W. Reynolds Center, 216 with a picture I.D. and a $20 proctor fee.
- Upon correspondence course completion, request an official transcript from the institution of independent study be sent to the Office of the Registrar at Southern Arkansas University.