AMERICAN COLLEGE TESTING (ACT)
Scores from the ACT or alternate test, SAT, are required for admission to Southern Arkansas University. It is recommended that the test be taken in the senior year or the last semester of the junior year in high school during one of the regular scheduled periods (September, October, December, February, April, June). Before a test date is chosen, consider the application deadlines of the college and scholarship agencies. It will take four to seven weeks after a test date for ACT to mail out the score reports to the recipients. The test scores provide added assistance in guidance, placement in developmental courses, and possible advanced standing.
The ACT consists of tests in four subject areas: English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science Reasoning. Each of these tests contains multiple-choice questions that offer four or five answer choices from which you are to choose the correct or best answer.
On the Test Date
Report to your assigned test center by 8:00 AM.
What to Bring
- Your Admission Ticket (must have photo on ticket)
- Acceptable Photo Identification: Current Official Photo ID, ACT Student Identification Letter with Photo; ACT Photo Exception Identification Letter; or ACT Talent Search Student Identification Letter
- Two sharpened soft-lead (No. 2) pencils with erasers.
- A permitted calculator.
Total Testing Time
Actual administration of the ACT requires 3 hours 10 minutes plus an additional 45-60 minutes to check in and fill out the answer sheet.
Test Schedule 2017-2018
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||(Late Fee Required)|
|June 10, 2017||May 5, 2017||May 6-23, 2017|
|September 9, 2017||August 4, 2017||August 5-18, 2017|
|October 28, 2017||September 22, 2017||September 23-October 6, 2017|
|December 9, 2017||November 3, 2017||November 4-17, 2017|
|February 10, 2018*||January 12, 2018||January 13-19, 2018|
|April 14, 2018||March 9, 2018||March 10 -23, 2018|
|June 9, 2018||May 4, 2018||May 5-23, 2018|
|July 14, 2018*||June 15, 2018||June 16-22, 2018|
* No test centers are scheduled in New York for the February test date.
2016-2017 ACT General Fee Information
- ACT No Writing: $42.50
- ACT Plus Writing: $58.50
- Late Fee: additional $27.50 ( US or Canada only)
- Standby Fee: additional $51.00
For More Information:
Registration: See your high school counselor or contact the Office of Counseling and Testing, Donald W. Reynolds Center, 216.
- Registration (319) 337-1270
- Deaf (TDD) (319) 337-1524
- ID Requirements (319) 337-1510
- Score Reports (319) 337-1313
- Office of Counseling and Testing (870) 235-4145
- ACT’s website at actstudent.org