Dear Campus Community,
We are ready for the return to the new normal!
Last Thursday each classroom was stocked with a box of disinfectant wipes and a large bottle of hand sanitizer. Deans received “kits” to give to faculty upon their return to campus, which included disposable gloves and masks, 2 SAU cloth masks, and an 8 oz. bottle of hand sanitizer for office use. Earlier this summer, staff members received 2 SAU cloth masks, disposable gloves, 8 oz. bottles of hand sanitizer, and reusable cloths with spray bottles of disinfectant (upon request). High traffic departments received large bottles of hand sanitizer, disposable masks, and cleaning kits. Building Captains received refill kits. Hand sanitizing stations have been installed in every building. Six-foot markers have been placed in all areas where lines may be formed. Campus has been canvased with signs reminding us all to socially distance, wear masks, wash hands, use sanitizer, etc. Policies have been written and procedures have been established. We are ready to open and see all the moving parts in action.
· Refer to page 22 on the printable PDF Return to Campus Guide to identify your Building Captain (BC)
· Email your BC a list of supplies when you need a refill
· Your BC will email email@example.com (BC note this change from our previous discussion)
· Supplies will be delivered to BC the next business day following receipt of the request
· BC will contact you to pick up/arrange for delivery/each BC will determine his/her process
· Disinfectant wipe boxes in each classroom contains the BC name and number.
· Wipes may be used by both faculty and students to wipe down areas before use if desired.
· Faculty members are asked to contact the BC to have the box refilled before it is completely empty
Computer Lab Supplies
· Computer labs have been equipped with round containers of 300-count disposable wipes
· Signs are posted for students to clean keyboards and surrounding areas before and after each use
Cleaning Cloths and Spray Disinfectant:
· We have chosen to purchase reusable cleaning cloths to use with bulk disinfectant
· If you would like a supply of cloths and a spray bottle of disinfectant for your office or area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
· The disinfectant has a 60-day shelf life once diluted
· Soiled cloths should be delivered to BCs each Tuesday evening
· Soiled cloths will be picked up each Wednesday morning from BCs and will be laundered and returned to BC to put back into circulation
· BCs will retain a supply of cloths to distribute so that no office is without supplies
· This process will begin August 11
Classrooms are being outfitted with new technology to allow for synchronous learning. Faculty will learn more about these new tools during the back-to-school meeting this week. There is so much, much more that has taken place by food services, housing, health services, etc. to get to this moment. If your area is missing something, please email the Task Force. If you notice something that needs to be repaired, replaced, or notice an area than needs attention, email the Task Force.
This is a return to campus like none other; one we hope we never need to prepare for again. We have two requests. One. When in doubt about how to answer a COVID-19 related question, please email Task Force to avoid mis-information. Two. SMILE. GRIN. LAUGH. Our students and parents are anxious. We are anxious. Someone who visited campus this week noted that campus feels different. Sad. We truly are all in this together. We truly are #Muleriderstrong. We truly have a lot to be grateful for. Let’s give our students the best welcome-home-during-a-pandemic they could ever experience.
All the best,
The Risk Management Task Force