Beginning May 1, 2021
- Face coverings will be optional on SAU’s campus unless otherwise posted.*
- New signs will be placed on campus reflecting the new policy.
- Labs will remain mask mandatory.
- Those members of our community who are at greatest risk will continue to be completely supported.
- Special signage will be placed in areas where masks will be required for entry.
- Face-to-face meetings/events (both indoors and outdoors) will be permitted.
- Indoor meetings should maintain some level of social distancing.
- Participants who are high-risk should be allowed to participate through Zoom or some other platform.
- Food consumption will be allowed both indoors and outdoors.
- Four persons per table should be the maximum seated at any one table to continue to provide distancing.
- Food policies for Reynolds meeting rooms will be provided in the Covid capacity room information.
- Self-serve will be allowed; hand sanitizer must be provided.
- Event requests should continue being submitted to the Task Force through the Facilities Request Landing Page.
- The Task Force will continue to monitor events to support public health safety measures.
- External events on campus are still prohibited until after August 18, 2021.
Faculty and Staff
- Daily personal screening submissions to University Health will no longer be required. Please continue to monitor your personal health.
- COVID capacities for campus spaces will be increased to reflect updated CDC guidelines of 3 feet distancing.
- The Provost and Deans will continue to monitor public health conditions and work with faculty and the Task Force during the summer to revise classroom policies.
- Campus operations should return to full occupancy with all community members reporting to on-campus/in-office work daily.
- Community members seeking a remote-work continuation should complete the online request form here: https://web.saumag.edu/human-resources/remote/.
- A signed, written, doctor’s letter documenting medical condition for request should be attached in the description field.