The first phase of zoom account access is complete (we never intended to have phases), as Drew worked hard to get resources to academic areas to allow for as smooth delivery as possible during our first week of the fall 2020 semester. Thank you, Drew, for all your work (as always!).
Early next week, zoom accounts for departments/staff will be available and ready to assign. Please email email@example.com to request a zoom account for your department. Thank you to the SAU Foundation for providing zoom account credentials for our campus, which allows continuity of service without additional strain to departmental budget this year.
Please consider the following:
- Zoom accounts are shareable between departmental employees
- Zoom accounts being provided may accommodate up to 300 users at one time and are not limited in length
- Zoom accounts are limited to hosting one meeting at a time, so if a department typically holds multiple meetings at the same time, more than one account may be needed
- If your department already has members serving as adjunct faculty who received credentials, please use those credentials if possible, freeing up resources for those without access
- Once credentials are assigned, users will receive an email from Zoom to activate the account
- Once this account is activated, any department currently paying monthly access fees may cancel the monthly subscription (save money, yeah!), as these credentials are good for 1 year
- Departmental/staff zoom account requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain the following
- The name of the person making the request
- The department in which the requestor serves
- The exact email address to which communication is best delivered (for example, some email addresses contain full names of users, while others contain initials)
- The phone number of the person making the request
Please direct all questions about Zoom accounts to email@example.com.
We apologize for the delay in support to departments and staff members. The University experienced problems beyond institutional control in obtaining accounts, which delayed our process, facilitating the need for phases rather than immediate campus-wide support.
Thank you for your patience.
The Risk Management Task Force