The Pathways Recent Graduate Program is for recently graduated or graduating individuals who are looking for developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service.
Recent Graduates will serve on this appointment for one year learning the fundamentals of the position for which they can be converted.
- Assists higher graded engineers or field personnel in the planning, design and construction of engineering practices such as water management, animal waste management, erosion control and flood control.
- Assists higher graded engineers or field personnel in the planning, design and construction of engineering practices such as wetland creation or restoration, and other conservation practices needing engineering guidance.
- Interprets plans and specifications for contractors, solving problems at local level as to proper interpretation of specifications.
- Assist in the calculations of earthwork, concrete, steel, conduits, and other materials and prepares construction estimates and bills of materials.
- Provides engineering assistance and direction to the assigned area and helps provide engineering continuity and coordination across areas.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check. If selected you will be sent instructions on obtaining fingerprints. Please note we are not able to reimburse any fees incurred for fingerprints.
- Successful completion of one-year trial period
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/
- Signed participant agreement is required for employment under Pathways.
- This position requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Duty Location may change based upon training needs or upon conversion to competitive service.
For information on qualifications and to apply, please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/job/684744600