- 2019-2020 [pdf]
- 2018-2019 [pdf]
- 2017-2018 [pdf]
- 2016-2017 [pdf]
- 2015-2016 [pdf]
- 2014-2015 [pdf]
- 2013-2014 [pdf]
- 2012-2013 [pdf]
- 2011-12 [pdf]
- 2010-11 [pdf]
- 2009-10 [pdf]
Accounting, Finance, & Economics / Rankin College of Business
|Categories:||Major, Minor, Undergraduate|
Finance majors learn money management skills valuable to businesses, organizations, and individuals. Finance graduates consistently rank among the highest average starting salary for any undergraduate major. In addition, opportunities exist in a wide range of specific financial fields. For example, real estate and personal financial planning are ideal for those with strong interpersonal skills who enjoy working with people. Meanwhile, financial analysis and risk management cater to those with strong analytical and mathematical backgrounds.
In the first two years, students take a broad range of classes both in the Rankin College of Business and across campus. Upper level courses focus on developing finance knowledge and skills.
- Classes include areas related to: Entrepreneurial Finance, Entrepreneurship, Financial Management, Financial Markets and Institutions, Investments, and Entrepreneurship.
- Students are encouraged to have an internship. Previous sources of internship have been Ally Financial, Edward Jones, Farmers Bank & Trust, Johnson & Johnson, Murphy USA, Mustard Seed Wealth Management, State Farm Insurance, or Walmart.
- Students are assigned a member of the finance faculty as an advisor to help with class scheduling, professional mentoring, and career placement.
Entrepreneurial Finance Careers
A degree in finance with an emphasis in entrepreneurial finance can open the door to many career fields. A degree in finance is useful in finance related, as well as, many other industries. Often finance graduates become entrepreneurs. An understanding of how to manage money is critical to any small business venture! Some other potential career examples include small business consultant, insurance agent, loan officer, loan or insurance underwriter, and financial manager. The following companies hired our finance graduates:
Murphy Oil | Murphy USA | Lockheed Martin | Farmer’s Bank and Trust
People’s Bank | Walmart | Crestline Investors
- Students can join ENACTUS, a community of student, academic and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a better more sustainable world. ENACTUS members are afforded numerous opportunities to network and participate in a variety of projects and trips.
- Students have opportunities to work on specific projects with clients of the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center and serve as consultants for real small businesses.
- Students are encouraged to compete in a variety of Phi Beta Lambda events at the state and national level
- Students can participate in the Finance and Economics Society to meet other students, and network with financial professionals.
- Student can also participate in the Student Investment Advisory Council to manage endowment funds.
- Our faculty work as consultants with entrepreneurial ventures and small businesses.
- The finance faculty in the Rankin College of Business are highly skilled professionals, with doctorate degrees in the field or years of professional experience.
- Our faculty are strong scholars, having conducted research in banking, financial markets, small business management, asset valuation, and finance and economics education.
- Our faculty hold a variety of financial designations/certifications such as Bloomberg Essentials, CFAs, and CFPs.
- Graduates from the College of Business can communicate effectively.
- Our graduates are prepared to be socially responsible citizens.
- Our graduates can think critically, solve problems, and make informed decisions.
- Our graduates can use technology effectively in their fields.
- Our graduates have content knowledge in their chosen fields and the necessary skills to be successful.
banker, commercial, corporate, entrepreneur, planner, analyst, stock, broker, venture, capitalist