offer Buy One, Get One
Connie Wilson, assistant professor of education, said she is excited about the pilot program, which will offer students “a unique opportunity to experience the many wonderful things about SAU. We think that once they try any of these programs, they won’t want to leave.”
We are proud of the rigor of our programs and we want to highlight that for our students.
She said the offer is only applicable to graduate students seeking master’s degrees in one of those three fields. The tuition-free class is EDUC 6003 Educational Research. (No substitutions.) Wilson said the class is “basic” to all three degree fields. Students are eligible for the offer only after they are admitted to graduate school and meet program requirements.
“We wanted to draw in students with something different,” Wilson said. “We are proud of the rigor of our programs and we want to highlight that for our students.”
All three programs are online. The tuition-free course may be taken concurrently or consecutively during the term immediately following the paid course. It is not transferable to any other person and may be taken advantage of only one time per student, which includes if the student drops the course.
Wilson praised the support of SAU administration in helping develop the buy one, get one program, and said that she as well as program co-directors Dr. Denise Moseley (Curriculum/Instruction) and Dr. Carla Bryant (Gifted and Talented) are looking forward to it.
This is yet another way SAU is trying to provide affordable and quality programs to the people of Arkansas and beyond.
She said the buy one, get one program has the potential to expand to other colleges on campus if the pilot is successful. The program is aimed primarily at teachers seeking a master’s degree.
“It is very exciting to see this approach that the College of Education is taking with their graduate courses in Educational Leadership,” Berry said. “We are always asking our faculty and staff to pursue new and innovative initiatives. This is yet another way SAU is trying to provide affordable and quality programs to the people of Arkansas and beyond.”
Questions are directed to Wilson at 870-235-5224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Leadership Hall of Fame inductees share their SAU experience
College of Education Graduate Degrees and Programs
- M.Ed., Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education (HALE)
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Education (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Master of Education (Library Media and Information Specialist)
- Master of Education (School Counseling)
- Master of Education in College Counseling and Student Affairs
- Master of Education in Educational Administration and Supervison
- Master of Education in Gifted and Talented Education K-12
- Master of Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Clinical and Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Science in Kinesiology – Coaching
- Principal Licensure (Non-Degree)