Current Strategic Planning
Working within the AQIP process, the University is developing an enhanced strategic planning process that will soon align the University’s strategic goals with the mission-driven categories for continuous improvement. Developed in collaboration with University faculty, staff, students and other key stakeholders, the fundamental strategic goals were drafted in 2015-2016 and continue to reflect the mission of the University. The University is planning an Action Project to create a process for strategic planning that has documented procedures.
2012 Strategic Planning
Southern Arkansas University dynamically builds on its rich heritage of student success through continuous improvement as a quality, comprehensive, regional University that strives to expand accessible and transformational learning experiences.
President David F. Rankin, September 2012
SAU’s Strategic Goals
- Student Learning: Foster student learning by building a culture of academic excellence, providing relevant, engaging learning experiences, and measuring outcomes.
- Valuing People: Promote an environment that values people, and continuously improves the faculty, staff, and administrations’ perceptions of their value to the University Family.
- Diversity: Cultivate an environment that will institutionalize multiculturalism, diversity and inclusion.
- Leading and Communicating: Strengthen an environment for campus decision-making that fosters effective shared governance, increased transparency, open communication, and respect for the ideas of each individual.
- Enrollment Management: Provide for enrollment growth through improved recruitment, retention, persistence, and graduation rates by creating a culture of student support and success.
- Infrastructure: Provide and maintain state of the art technology and facilities that enable the achievement of the University vision and mission in an efficient, competitive arena extending into and beyond the local economic region.
- Enrichment Opportunities for Students and the Community: Provide enrichment opportunities for all students and regional stakeholders through meaningful and more diverse cultural and community enrichment events.
- Engagement with external stakeholders: Expand and enhance collaborative relationships by communicating and interacting with external stakeholders to determine mutual needs, to achieve shared goals, and to increase the impact of the University.