Departmental Degree Plans
Degree: Plant Science
Employer: Oklahoma State University
Position: Graduate Student
I plan to earn a PhD in horticulture. Afterwards, I will teach or conduct research.
Southern Arkansas University’s multi-faceted Agriculture program reflects the complexity of the vast industry providing food and fiber to the world. A degree in animal science with a plant science option provides students with a broad knowledge base to tackle real-world problems and immediately enter the workforce.
Greenhouses, forage plots, horticulture, agronomy, and forestry plots provide students with real-world opportunities in propagation, planting, transplanting, and marketing plants or entering the forestry industry.
- Our graduates communicate effectively
- Our students acquire knowledge of agricultural systems to make ethical and informed decisions relating to food and fiber production
- Our students can assimilate knowledge to develop critical thinking skills related to agriculture production and science
- Our graduates understand the value of technology and its application in Agricultural Communication and Agriculture Production
- Our graduates possess knowledge in the field of Agriculture