Semester grades have now been posted and transcripts updated. Some student will return home and obtain a summer job. Other students may decide to return to Southern Arkansas University to take some classes during the summer terms. Some students that return home may also decide to take a few of the online courses offered. Whether your student is doing any of the above or something different there are a few things they must complete a few things before they return for the fall semester.
- Make a schedule: Students may contact the Advising Center or their advisor to create a schedule for the fall.
- Complete the FASFA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is a required document needed for students to apply for financial aid. This form can be completed online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Apply for Financial Aid: Make sure everything has been updated to renew scholarships and turn in loan applications if needed. Encourage your student to check their SAU e-mail during the summer for financial aid updates.
- Purchase Books: Books and book prices for fall courses can be checked by going to the bookstore’s website ( http://www.bkstr.com/Home/10001-10465-1?demoKey=d ). Check with the Business Office about eligibility for book vouchers.
- Save schedule: Make payment arrangements in the Business Office and save schedule. Saving the schedule is the most important step because it allows the student to secure their position in the class. Remind your student that even if there is a zero balance on their account that they still have to save their schedule before the deadline or their schedule will be deleted and they will have to make a new schedule.
We encourage you and your family to have a safe and enjoyable summer break.