The Magale Library Friends group was established in 2005 to help Southern Arkansas University’s library better meet the needs of its patrons.
Mission of Magale Library Friends
The mission of Magale Library Friends is to enhance the holdings, services, and facilities of Magale Library and to help the library fulfill its role as the center for learning in southwest Arkansas.
Purpose of Magale Library Friends
• Provide and encourage gifts, donations, and financial support for the library.
• Offer an opportunity for individuals to come together with a common interest in the library and its cultural and academic activities.
• Contributions to Magale Donor Honor Societies will be used to support needs of the library including books, furnishings, technologies, additional space, educational and instructional programming, outreach, and other library needs. Donations may be pledged over a period of time.
The Magale Library is a centrally located learning resource center containing about 145,000 book volumes. The library has many comfortable study areas and study rooms. The library offers 127 desktop computers (84 in open labs and 43 in library instruction labs) and 14 laptop computers for student usage. The library has two library instruction labs on the third floor. The library collection also includes 9,822 audiovisual pieces, 32,234 microfilm and microfiche pieces from 96 titles, 73 online subscriptions to journals, 27,437 government documents, current subscriptions to 272 print periodicals, 2,566 e-books, three e-reference book databases, over 9,000 online streaming academic videos, and online full-text access to 50,736 periodical titles from 84 databases with indexing and abstracts for additional titles. The library website includes information literacy videos. Online access to library resources is available through the library homepage.. Students can use a federated search service at the library’s website that will search most of Magale’s electronic resources simultaneously. The resources at the Magale Library are used to prepare students in all academic areas for their intellectual growth, individual enrichment, skill development, and meaningful career preparation.
You are invited to support the success of SAU by joining the Magale Library Friends for 2013-2014. Please consider this opportunity to contribute to academic excellence at Southern Arkansas University. Questions? Please call (870) 235-4171 or (870) 235-5068.
• An extended checkout time
• Special invitations to cultural events sponsored by the library
• Public recognition as a member of Magale Library Friends
• Your own librarian to assist you with library needs
• Magale Library Friends Newsletter
Become a member
Contact Del Duke for more information.
Email: email@example.com Office:870-235-4171
Renew Your Membership
We greatly appreciate our Friends and thank you in advance for renewing your membership! You may renew your Friends of the Library membership by mailing your donation to:
Southern Arkansas University Foundation
c/o Friends of the Library
P.O. Box 9174
Magnolia, AR 71754-9174
*If donating by check, please note on the check “For Friends of the Library.”
Learn more about the I’ll Read Anything! Magale Library book club
Learn more about Our Events!