Bussey Hall


How do I apply for housing?
Easy, you just need to fill out a housing application card and make your $100.00 deposit. You can do it in person, at the housing office (Reynolds, Room 202), by mail, or you can apply online. There is not a deadline for applying but we encourage you to apply early so that we have opportunities to meet your needs.

What does the housing deposit do?
The deposit serves three purposes: guarantees your room, insures against damages, and makes sure you properly check out with housing staff.

Will I get the deposit back?
Provided you are not returning to housing, you do not have any damages, and you have checked out properly, you will get your deposit back.

When will I find out my room assignment?
This depends on when you apply for housing. The earliest assignments go out the first week of June.

If I don’t like my residence hall or room can I change?
Yes, you may change rooms when or if spaces are available. Room changes take place after the first two weeks of classes. You have to see your hall director to change rooms or buildings.

What if I don’t like my roommate?
Again, roommate changes take place after the first two weeks of classes.

What happens if my roommate never moves in?
You have three options: 1) You may find another student to move in with you. 2) You may move into a room with another resident within the hall or another hall. 3) You may be able to keep your room as a private room provided there are enough rooms for all students.

Can I decorate my room?
Your room is your home, at least for nine months, so you can decorate within reason. Plants, carpets, rugs, posters, fish in small aquariums, and such. Keep in mind that the furniture must remain the same as when you arrived or you will be charged for damages. Holes in walls are included as damage.

©2013 Southern Arkansas University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. All Rights Reserved.
100 E. University, Magnolia, Arkansas 71753-5000 Telephone: (870) 235-4000